Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2012 fiesta issues

Dartzman

City
london
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
I hope somone can help. my daughter has a weird problem with her 2012 ford fiesta zetec

every now and then, mainly in the morning, when she starts up the car, the traction control light is on and the power steering fails. there isn't any warning light on the power steering however once the traction control light goes off the power steering works. it did have a flat battery, which I charged up and it did have a crankshaft sensor error PO335
CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR A CIRCUIT which reset fine.

anyone else had this issue anyone have an idea ?

thanks in advance. Kevin

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
While you are there at the battery, look for that little cover and housing that the battery Positive post goes to...

1703347077763.png
1703347191174.png
1703347495321.png

Remove that cover, and see this?
1703347564089.png

Remiving that cover exposes these bolted connections - this is the main Buss distribution for the Battery there are a
set of uses behind that plastic see-thru cover

1703951163418.png

1703347015091.png

This is the "breakout" or Breakdown of the system,
  • The upper top posts, there are two, one for the Post for the Battery, is an ADAPTER to mate with another piece.
  • while the other bolt is part of a TWO PIECE unit - this second piece is the BJB - Battery Junction Box or Buss - this and the Battery Post adapter - bolts together so this needs to be unbolted and cleaned up and re-bolted back together. This is where the BREAKDOWN to the indivudual systems happens.
  • the far RED post is for the Starter and Alternator
  • The Middle one (in Blue) "Main" (200A) handles all the power heading to the front dash and console for the passenger compartment.
  • The Yellow one is for your Electronic Power Assist Steering - your Fiesta's steering rack.

If yours looks like the one above - like I've been using - as a driver for a company - then you need to clean this up and if possible - solder those main connection lugs so they won't corrode and cause problems with your electrical system later on.

Last edited: