Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Looking to purchase a 2012 Fiesta S sedan 5 speed Manual Transmission

Dme109

City
Sanford
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Toyota Tundra Limited
Just looking for input as to areas I need to look at. Any common rust areas. Common areas interior or exterior that tend to break. I know about the timing belt at 150K miles (this one has 127K). Any help would be appreciated.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The manual transmission is a good choice. It’s generally trouble free.
I have seen some fiesta’s with rust in the rocker panels and hatch/ trunk lid areas.
As with any important purchase, it’s good to know what you need or want. 2011 and 2012 Fiesta were frequently purchased with manual transmission and will be easier to find than 2013 and newer ones.
I have also seen Fiesta’s for sale that have titles marked “rebuilt”. That sounds bad. But insurance companies have been making a policy of branding titles for accidents that didn’t cause extensive structural damage and were really just sheet metal and paint repair. So don’t be too quick to dismiss a potential good deal.
Most importantly, Avoid any cars that have had more than two owners in ten years. Long term ownership usually means that they maintained that vehicle pretty well.
$4,500 to $6,000 should get you a very clean and reliable Fiesta.

OP
D

Dme109

City
Sanford
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Toyota Tundra Limited
Thread Starter #3
Wish me luck. Just looked at the car and it seems to be mint. New tires and brakes. $4200. Picking it up tomorrow.