Welcome to the #1 ST Forum and ST community dedicated to ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the ST Forum today!

Transmission jerkiness?

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
I drive my Edge rather sedately. I notice that as the trans. upshifts as speed is gained, there seems to be several "over runs" where the revs jump before the trans. falls back into a higher gear. Has anybody else noticed this behavior?
Thanks!

OP
G

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Thread Starter #3
THANK YOU!!!

OP
G

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Thread Starter #4
Had the PCM reflashed a week ago: PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thanks to k2sys for this VERY helpful post!

k2sys

City
Frenchtown
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Glad it work out for you. Enjoy your Edge!

OP
G

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Thread Starter #6
Well, I'm back with more trannie observations! As stated, and mentioned by k2sys, I had my trans. reprogrammed at the dealer. All seemed well, BUT, now, (and this had happened before the reprogram) if you turn the shift knob to D, or, from D to R, or sometimes from P to D or R, there is a BANG and the trannie responds as if it were a stick shift where one's clutch foot came off the clutch. Service advisor says that this is NORMAL, and the trannie will eventually reprogram itself. Sounds suspicious to me! Ford never uses a good existing trannie (like the great German ones) and has often had trouble. My daughter had a 2014 Fiesta that had KNOWN trannie problems, but Ford kept dodging the problem. Hope this all ends well!