Welcome to the #1 ST Forum and ST community dedicated to ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the ST Forum today!

Tire Pressure Monitoring System Failure

danlo

City
Oviedo
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Edge
Hope I am posting this to the correct Forum.
We need help with the servicing of our 2018 Ford Edge. Has anyone experienced an issue with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) not working as it should?

The problem with the Warning Light coming on started February 2023 and I have had the vehicle in and out of the reputable Ford Service Department at least 10 times (60 days) with no solution to the problem. When the Warning Light comes on, the display shows 3 dashes (---) for the tire pressure on one or more tires.

On September 19, 2023 the Service Manager informed me by email the following, “Unfortunately we cant find a fix to this or the cause”. The dealership has informed me that I should take the vehicle to another dealership to troubleshoot.

Any comments on the repair of this issue are greatly appreciated.

MrsNWT

City
Oregon City
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Edge ST
I'm not certain what they have tried to do to fix your issue. But I recently had this happening to my 2016 edge sport and it would happen each day the same distance from home. Then correct itself. After a week of this behavior it just stayed with the dashes. hubby and a friend who is a ford tech told me the sensor in that particular tire needs replaced that the battery in them only last 5 ish years (I made it 7) I went to a tire store and they were able to replace it and get it programmed into my car for $100ish? worked great...and I expected to have to replace the other three soon....only my son totaled my car a month later and now I have a 2023 ST.

OP
D

danlo

City
Oviedo
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Edge
Thread Starter #3
The sensors have been replaced at least 3 times. Also, the following have been replaced: Body control module, Radio transceiver module, Alternator, 6 ignition coils, Accessory protocol interface module, and the Front control interface module.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Wheels & Tires 0
R Wheels & Tires 4