Welcome to the #1 ST Forum and ST community dedicated to ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the ST Forum today!

Some advice needed.

Jim F

City
Harrisburg
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
edge st 2020
Hello folks,
1. - I just got a 2020 Edge ST. I have been searching for a cold air intake for it and no one seems to be making it. Does anyone here have any idea where to get one?

2. - I have been researching the difference between a plug in chip/box. and a firm like Livernois which I believe totally flashes your current ECM after backing up your original config to be able to load it back to original if needed. I have spoken to numerous companies and mechanics. The majority of them are telling me that the plugin kind do not produce the HP that is claimed. The majority recommend a ECM re-flash rather than the plugin type.
I do not know much about the subject other than what I was told on my numerous phone calls. I would appreciate some suggestions about both questions.
Thanks.
Jim

Macgyver

City
Reading
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Ford Edge ST
None are out just yet.

If you want to try anything for "More" power. The Banks Pedalmax changes the Edge for the better. Easy install and easy to remove so the dealer will not find out.

OP
J

Jim F

City
Harrisburg
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
edge st 2020
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your help

Macgyver

City
Reading
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Ford Edge ST
For the Money. The Banks Pedal Max is the one you can feel. A CAI wont do much for power of feel.

OP
J

Jim F

City
Harrisburg
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
edge st 2020
Thread Starter #5
For the Money. The Banks Pedal Max is the one you can feel. A CAI wont do much for power of feel.
Thanks
I had a hard times finding Banks. I did find 1 site. But found JMS motorsport that had basically the same thing. I also found it on Amazon cheaper. The consensus was that it was a more of a 'seat of your pants' feel. I may try it . Will let you know. Thank you

City
Shakopee
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Ford Edge ST
Hello folks,
1. - I just got a 2020 Edge ST. I have been searching for a cold air intake for it and no one seems to be making it. Does anyone here have any idea where to get one?

2. - I have been researching the difference between a plug in chip/box. and a firm like Livernois which I believe totally flashes your current ECM after backing up your original config to be able to load it back to original if needed. I have spoken to numerous companies and mechanics. The majority of them are telling me that the plugin kind do not produce the HP that is claimed. The majority recommend a ECM re-flash rather than the plugin type.
I do not know much about the subject other than what I was told on my numerous phone calls. I would appreciate some suggestions about both questions.
Thanks.
Jim
I e mailed AFE and they have an intake that will be out by May they are saying.