Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next project, if I still had a house and shop, might be a few years but sure like this!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If not for full time RVing I would likely have a well modded ND Miata by now, and my FiST of course but I just saw pics of this today and would likely build one instead of the Miata, for the same money done really well.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
factory 5 818 kit car, original topless car was designed to weight 818kg, 1800lbs, mid engine, suby drivetrain, likely a little more weight for the coupe and they are working on a 2.3 Ecoboost version.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Kit cars can be built to many different levels and driven well or not so what you saw may not of been a very good example.

To do this right it takes a great deal more time and money than kit car companies tend to portray, I was going to build the GTM for a track car but it would of cost a small fortune in time and money making major changes and then not being able to buy a frame section or body panels if some were damaged in racing so I backed out.

If I were to build the 818 coupe it would be a street/track car and end up costing at least $50k and take 1,000 or more hours and likely much more time.

It would be far more cost effective for me to just start another business and make the money there and buy something already built but I like projects:)

Imagine a Cayman R but more power and 800-900 lbs less weight;)