Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I can't believe I'm saying this...

It was a very difficult decision. I have been and continue to be a proponent of the Fiesta platform. It's an amazing car, and the best small car Ford has produced in decades.

This little car is flipping amazing. I've taken it to Willow Springs' Horse Thief Mile, a Go Kart track in Perris, and numerous canyon and mountain roads in between. I was able to upgrade the suspension, exhaust, and intake for the most I can get performance and handling-wise. It's been to numerous shows. I don't normally like to brag, but I'd like to think I've had a significant part in evangelizing and building the Fiesta scene in Southern California since 2010.

Not long ago, I came to a realization. The naturally-aspirated Fiesta platform is simply not enough for me, and all of the performance shops have simply ignored it and its potential. Even if a part fits, they refuse to market the part for it. Everybody wants to develop for the ST, with a big middle finger to the rest of us. That's what offends me most.

I did everything I could. I upgraded the suspension. The intake. The exhaust. I imported parts from Europe that they refuse to sell in the US. I extolled the car's virtues to everyone. In return, I got dismissed by companies when I proved that the parts worked, and they should market to the rest of the Fiesta line.

In the end, I simply reached the zenith of what I could do for performance, but I wanted more. And since the Fiesta and Focus ST were not an option (Without droning into a long story, a military injury has left me with nerve damage in my right leg and I can't safely manipulate three pedals anymore), I had to look elsewhere.

So, I looked into options. In the hot hatch category with two pedals, there are really only two options. I looked at the VW Golf GTI and Golf R. Great cars, even with their problems. But I found the Golf to be aesthetically boring. I also love technology and expect to use my car as a daily driver as well. Even though Audi has a fantastic MMI system, VW has a horribly outdated system. Next, I looked at the 2015+ Mini John Cooper Works. It had everything I was looking for ... at $40k.

Yesterday I did it. I went to Galpin Ford in LA and put $1000 down to order a 2016 Ecoboost Premium A/T. Here's my order list:

2016 EcoBoost Premium Automatic
- Exterior: Guard Interior: Dark Saddle
- 401A Package
- Performance Package
- Reverse Sensing System
- Adaptive Cruise package
- Voice-Activated Navigation

I went back and forth on the GT versus the EcoBoost. In the end, the lack of the PP on the GT Automatic was my deciding factor.

Through my Grandfather, I'm eligible for Z plan so the $7000 +/- savings for the Mustang compared to the Mini.

And here I am.

I've got plans to start on the car already. I like the look of the 'euro spec' tail lights and will probably look at a way to retrofit the rear foglight assembly as well. Getting a Cobb AP is also #1 on the list of things to get. I'm looking forward to tweaking the car and getting the most I can from it.

In the meantime, here's my fond look back on the past half-decade of Fiesta fun. I've recently begun parting the car back to stock condition, so no more fun until the Mustang shows up.

IMG_0354 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

IMG_0417 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

TARDIS @ Apex Time Attack by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Tour d'Orange 2015 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

XS Horse Thief Mile 030814-346-X3 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

IMG 3480 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Polishing Domina by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

2011 All Hands Car Show by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

FSC West 2011 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Snowy Fiesta by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Domina at Corvina Beach Campground by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Salton City: The resort that never was. by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

My new 2011 Ford Fiesta SES by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Finally, the day my Fiesta journey started:

My New Car by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Sorry to see you leave the Fiesta community [MENTION=928]DirtyBlueshirt[/MENTION]. I've always enjoyed your build and postings, but at least you're not venturing too far off with the Mustang acquisition. Feel free to update us on your Mustang build too and congrats.

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #5
Thanks all, I'll continue to follow the Fiesta community, I still have a good amount of experience I can offer. Here's the first pic of my Mustang. Sort of. The orders don't go to Ford until Wednesday. The build list says 2015 only because Ford.com doesn't have the 2016 online yet. However orders for the 2015 ended at the end of April, and 2016 orders started May 11th. Scheduling started on June 11th and Job 1 is August 3rd.

Ordered. by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well can't blame you for wanting a little more power. Enjoy the journey :) and Thanks for all you have done with and for Us ;)

me32

1000 Post Club
Congrats. The mustang is a great car and platform. Youll love love it

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
DBS,
As you are aware we have known each other sense the beginning of both our Fiesta quests.
I have been and still am honored to call you a friend.
I know that you have been very happy with your Fiesta but are unable to climb the ladder any higher.

I have been with you at many of the events you described above and too enjoyed all of them.
I have been very pleased to help you with many of the MODs on your Fiestas.
I am also very honored that you have invited me on your last two vehicle acquisitions.

I would like to say that regardless of the title of this forum that I/we would be extremely pleased if you would remain an active part of this community.
The thread about our local events can still provide a means for that.
We would also like you to continue to be involved in our local SFV activities as we do enjoy to have you with us.

I also hope that you may call on me to provide assistance on upgrades to the Mustang.
I just don't wish to ride in the back seat again.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Sorry to see you leave the Fiesta behind, it is an amazing car but without serious power I understand having to switch to something that works better for you.

I would imagine Cobb will be tweaking the trans as needed in the Stang, I would be all over that!

I have had a few auto trans family cars but my favorite was a C6 Vette with a better diff ratio and built LSD, reprogrammed shifting, throttle blip and instant downshifts, one paddle for up and one for down shifts, just a slight pause on up shifts to keep from burning up the stock bands but still it would light up the 335 NTO5 rear tires when it hit second gear yet pull like mad as well then a good chirp into 3rd. I bought the 13k mile car on a super good deal/trade and was going to do a manual trans swap but nobody in Utah wanted to do it and it would of been free labor, quite a few swaps have been done by drag race oriented Vette owners. Once I got the trans and diff setup I loved and it was dang fast in the mountains, autocross course and the one lap I did at the track(convertible, I would not all out track it as no roll proper roll bar available and too much hacking up the car to build a correct one so I parted it and traded on a new Duramax truck)

I am sure you will be more than happy with the auto Stang:):)

I think you made a very wise choice over the other cars you looked at.

Rick

SICKESSS-ST

It was a very difficult decision. I have been and continue to be a proponent of the Fiesta platform. It's an amazing car, and the best small car Ford has produced in decades.

This little car is flipping amazing. I've taken it to Willow Springs' Horse Thief Mile, a Go Kart track in Perris, and numerous canyon and mountain roads in between. I was able to upgrade the suspension, exhaust, and intake for the most I can get performance and handling-wise. It's been to numerous shows. I don't normally like to brag, but I'd like to think I've had a significant part in evangelizing and building the Fiesta scene in Southern California since 2010.

Not long ago, I came to a realization. The naturally-aspirated Fiesta platform is simply not enough for me, and all of the performance shops have simply ignored it and its potential. Even if a part fits, they refuse to market the part for it. Everybody wants to develop for the ST, with a big middle finger to the rest of us. That's what offends me most.

I did everything I could. I upgraded the suspension. The intake. The exhaust. I imported parts from Europe that they refuse to sell in the US. I extolled the car's virtues to everyone. In return, I got dismissed by companies when I proved that the parts worked, and they should market to the rest of the Fiesta line.

In the end, I simply reached the zenith of what I could do for performance, but I wanted more. And since the Fiesta and Focus ST were not an option (Without droning into a long story, a military injury has left me with nerve damage in my right leg and I can't safely manipulate three pedals anymore), I had to look elsewhere.

So, I looked into options. In the hot hatch category with two pedals, there are really only two options. I looked at the VW Golf GTI and Golf R. Great cars, even with their problems. But I found the Golf to be aesthetically boring. I also love technology and expect to use my car as a daily driver as well. Even though Audi has a fantastic MMI system, VW has a horribly outdated system. Next, I looked at the 2015+ Mini John Cooper Works. It had everything I was looking for ... at $40k.

Yesterday I did it. I went to Galpin Ford in LA and put $1000 down to order a 2016 Ecoboost Premium A/T. Here's my order list:

2016 EcoBoost Premium Automatic
- Exterior: Guard Interior: Dark Saddle
- 401A Package
- Performance Package
- Reverse Sensing System
- Adaptive Cruise package
- Voice-Activated Navigation

I went back and forth on the GT versus the EcoBoost. In the end, the lack of the PP on the GT Automatic was my deciding factor.

Through my Grandfather, I'm eligible for Z plan so the $7000 +/- savings for the Mustang compared to the Mini.

And here I am.

I've got plans to start on the car already. I like the look of the 'euro spec' tail lights and will probably look at a way to retrofit the rear foglight assembly as well. Getting a Cobb AP is also #1 on the list of things to get. I'm looking forward to tweaking the car and getting the most I can from it.

In the meantime, here's my fond look back on the past half-decade of Fiesta fun. I've recently begun parting the car back to stock condition, so no more fun until the Mustang shows up.

IMG_0354 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

IMG_0417 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Tour d'Orange 2015 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

XS Horse Thief Mile 030814-346-X3 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

IMG 3480 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Polishing Domina by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

2011 All Hands Car Show by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

FSC West 2011 by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Snowy Fiesta by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Domina at Corvina Beach Campground by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Salton City: The resort that never was. by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

My new 2011 Ford Fiesta SES by Aaron Slater, on Flickr

Finally, the day my Fiesta journey started:

My New Car by Aaron Slater, on Flickr
DBS,
As you are aware we have known each other sense the beginning of both our Fiesta quests.
I have been and still am honored to call you a friend.
I know that you have been very happy with your Fiesta but are unable to climb the ladder any higher.

I have been with you at many of the events you described above and too enjoyed all of them.
I have been very pleased to help you with many of the MODs on your Fiestas.
I am also very honored that you have invited me on your last two vehicle acquisitions.

I would like to say that regardless of the title of this forum that I/we would be extremely pleased if you would remain an active part of this community.
The thread about our local events can still provide a means for that.
We would also like you to continue to be involved in our local SFV activities as we do enjoy to have you with us.

I also hope that you may call on me to provide assistance on upgrades to the Mustang.
I just don't wish to ride in the back seat again.

Dave

DBS,

I agree with everything Dave says, and although I haven't known you as long as Dave has, it has been a pleasure. And like Dave says hopefully you'll continue to be a part of this forum and hang out with us at our meets and drives.

PS - Thanks for all the parts that have/will go on my FiST! [twothumb]

Etzael

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #17
DBS,

I agree with everything Dave says, and although I haven't known you as long as Dave has, it has been a pleasure. And like Dave says hopefully you'll continue to be a part of this forum and hang out with us at our meets and drives.

PS - Thanks for all the parts that have/will go on my FiST! [twothumb]

Etzael
If I didn't want to continue on drives and meets, I'd have bought a Prius ;)

Have you started a thread on mustang6g yet?

The Mustang has such an enormous aftermarket! I doubt you will ever have the same issue with that platform..did you get a chance to drive the ecoboost mustang?

Just curious of your driving impressions.

OP
DirtyBlueshirt
Thread Starter #20
Have you started a thread on mustang6g yet?

The Mustang has such an enormous aftermarket! I doubt you will ever have the same issue with that platform..did you get a chance to drive the ecoboost mustang?

Just curious of your driving impressions.
I did sign up for Mustang6G.com as well as stangnet.com.

I made my decision on he ecoboost after a test drive a couple weeks ago. I likes the way the car felt, and acceleration was good considering we had three large adults in the car.

I'm having sensory overload looking at all the aftermarket parts already available.

Not to mention that Roush stage 1 kit... I think I may need some tissues after looking at that!