Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed short shift kit, now Air conditioner blows hot air.

So I installed boomba's short shift kit under the hood, and that works great, but a day later the A/C is blowing hot air and not cooling, the car feels underpowered as well. I can't help but think that the install and the problem now are related.

I'm thinking it might be a vacuum problem? I checked to make sure all connections were connected again, but maybe I bent a vacuum tube or something?

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? I guess I'll go to the dealer and beg for mercy.

I had the same thing happen after I installed the moutune short shift kit that goes under the hood all I can tell you is that after a couple of days it started working again. I have no idea what made it stop or start working again. But I would drive it some before I stressed about it.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
The under powered feel could be due to the battery being disconnected and the ecu relearning, which is normal. Can't vouch for the AC.

Mine did the exact same thing. Ac started working again abut 15 minutes into ride home. No idea what caused it- I did the same mod as you maybe having maf unplugged that long does something to pcm?

OP
Thread Starter #5
The replies are making me feel a little better. Will wait a couple of days to see if it sorts itself out. Was really stressing out.

Also- I'm in parts at a ford dealer. I asked the guy who does all the DPS6 trans work on focus/fiestas and he told me often he's driving one during the relearn process they do this. It just would be nice to have known ahead of time from the vendor of the part so you'd be prepared for it and not panicking

OP
Thread Starter #7
Also- I'm in parts at a ford dealer. I asked the guy who does all the DPS6 trans work on focus/fiestas and he told me often he's driving one during the relearn process they do this. It just would be nice to have known ahead of time from the vendor of the part so you'd be prepared for it and not panicking
Well that's a huge relief, I drove to work but still no luck yet, but then again I only work 10 minutes from home, haven't had much driving time since last night. Will report back hopefully with good news soon.

OP
Thread Starter #9
Happy to report everything is back to normal. Air conditioner is blowing cold air and car feels peppy again. Thanks for your responses!

jayrod1980

Mines the opposite problem... I installed the short shifter and it's turbo a/c... No matter the temp it blows cold. Anyone have that?