Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Manbearpig's 2019 Fiesta SE sedan

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Saw your post so I figured I’d throw mine SE out there for all to see.

Attachments

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #24
Haven't been on here for a while... the Fiesta has just passed the 9k mark, got it's 2nd year oil change, new tags for the plates. No problems thus far, just drive it and keep it clean. I'm up to 4 cars now, bought a 2nd S10. Wanted a regular cab and something emissions exempt. Unlike my other one, this one has a Borg Warner T5. I've been slowly collecting goodies for a built 2.2L, hoping for <2400lbs and ~200hp.

Shortest to tallest, lol:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Haven't been on here for a while... the Fiesta has just passed the 9k mark, got it's 2nd year oil change, new tags for the plates. No problems thus far, just drive it and keep it clean. I'm up to 4 cars now, bought a 2nd S10. Wanted a regular cab and something emissions exempt. Unlike my other one, this one has a Borg Warner T5. I've been slowly collecting goodies for a built 2.2L, hoping for <2400lbs and ~200hp.

Shortest to tallest, lol:

The previous generation S10 and Ranger prices on the used retail market are exploding! An imperfect but solid and good running one with high miles is worth almost again its price of last year!
I cannot recall ever seeing a 140k 4 cylinder auto transmission compact pickup go from $1,700 to almost 3 grand in a year. Crazy times.

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #27
The previous generation S10 and Ranger prices on the used retail market are exploding! An imperfect but solid and good running one with high miles is worth almost again its price of last year!
I cannot recall ever seeing a 140k 4 cylinder auto transmission compact pickup go from $1,700 to almost 3 grand in a year. Crazy times.
I bought the '95 for $1175, and that included having it shipped to St. Louis, MO from Nashville, TN. It was wrecked in the front, but nothing a quick run to the junkyard couldn't fix. It's an Alabama truck, zero rust, only minor bodywork needs (mostly PDR).

The '01 was T-boned pretty hard back in April. They got me right at the driver's side rear wheel. I already had a spare bed (under the tarp in that picture), went to the junkyard and got an axle and backing plate, had it back on the road. Shortly after that, the engine lost oil pressure and started making knocking noises at idle, so I pulled it out and replaced it with a $200 junkyard motor. Put all new stock suspension under it so the salt can't continue to destroy my tubular control arms and steering rack, it's going to be the "real" truck while the green one becomes the new toy.

I already have everything I need to convert the front brakes to 98+ Camaro units, and a manual brake conversion kit. I'll be putting the 98+ Camaro rear brakes on as well. Haven't made up my mind on rear suspension yet, thinking about shortening a G body rear and using the G body triangulated 4-link setup. I really want the fuel tank in front of the rear axle but I haven't figured out how I can pull that off without going IRS yet.

It also got the Oldsmobile treatment like my other S10, only I decided to use the 96-97 clip on this one:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Nice! The idea of a new $40,000 Colorado or Ranger pickup doesn't excite me at all.
New vehicles have reached the point where they don't make sense if you plan to make modifications on top of the cost of the vehicle. Used or a repairable damaged car or truck is far more rational.the immediate depreciation of a new vehicle could easily exceed the cost of wheels, tires and a nice custom exhaust system.

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #29
I really wanted the Maverick to be available in a regular cab, long bed format with an NA 4 banger and manual transmission.

I wasn't surprised when I found out it's crew cab only, hybrid, and CVT.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yup. The future of the car is, in many cases, going to be shaped like either an SUV or a four door pickup with a very short cargo box.
For me, a mid 1990's Ranger or S10 or a mid to late 1970's Ford or Chevy full size pickup , because of their stone age simplicity, are very attractive to me.

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #32
Yup. The future of the car is, in many cases, going to be shaped like either an SUV or a four door pickup with a very short cargo box.
For me, a mid 1990's Ranger or S10 or a mid to late 1970's Ford or Chevy full size pickup , because of their stone age simplicity, are very attractive to me.
Yep, my 2 S10s aren't going anywhere. The 2.3l 5 speed Ranger is very attractive to me (focus engine, not the Pinto derivative), but prices seem to have stayed rather high. Now a Cosworth YB powered Ranger would be another story.

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #33
Haven't driven the Fiesta too much lately, but I did today. Needs its yearly oil change and I ordered the Ford aluminum sport pedals and Boosted Designs dead pedal for it. Been wanting these for a while but I almost waited too long because the pedals seem to be drying up.

New Pic:

Last edited:
City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Haven't driven the Fiesta too much lately, but I did today. Needs its yearly oil change and I ordered the Ford aluminum sport pedals and Boosted Designs dead pedal for it. Been wanting these for a while but I almost waited too long because the pedals seem to be drying up.

New Pic:
love to see them

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST

New Pic:
Good move. The manuals are reliable and fun to drive. Change your tranny fluid for some synthetic, and it will last forever.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Let us know (or see) how those pedals work out!

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #37
Well, the dealer I ordered the pedals from didn't actually have them in stock, so now the hunt continues. Dead pedal should be in my possession soon though.

I just tried ordering through a different dealer, fingers crossed they actually have them lol.

8A6Z-2454-A.jpg

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Wild - let us know how they affect the "grab" and "release" - the clutch one especially.

They do look nice...

OP
manbearpig
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #39