Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interest in a wide body kit for the st??

I have a good friend of mine with a well known custom body shop who would be willing to make a sick wide body kit for us if there was enough interest!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If functional as in aerodynamic, well done, not crazy price, addresses issues like wide wheels and tires fitting properly lowered which by that I mean the rear fenders will need surgery to do it right as no way to do this without it, front fenders may need modded, front of all tires covered, rear of tires fairly open or optional, integrated spliter and side skirts, then I would be interested:)

If some kind of bunny rocket design which is more a cartoon or show but not go style, not in the least interested.

Thanks for posting this:)
Rick

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm interested in something rocket bunny style that will let me stuff stupid wide tires under my fist lol.

Even just a clean looking bolt on/cut the stock inner fenders flare kit that looked good would be awesome. The fifteen 52 flares just don't look right to me.

Young L

I'm interested in something rocket bunny style that will let me stuff stupid wide tires under my fist lol.

Even just a clean looking bolt on/cut the stock inner fenders flare kit that looked good would be awesome. The fifteen 52 flares just don't look right to me.
Looks like the Rocket Bunny shop in Thailand has done another Fiesta unless its the same car repainted, i would take one of those even if i lost some aero value. But for pure function Olsberg or M-Sport are the way to go, and I might drop some coin to get one of them.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
He will create a name on here shortly and show you guys a couple options but he can litterally do anything if there is an interest... From just feeder flares to a complete new body.

Hey I am the guy who is going to make a kit for the Fiesta if there is enough interest. I am thinking a wide body and a fender flair kit any input ?

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
He is not the best at talking himself up... But as one of his oldest friends I can help with that... And rip on him from time to time as well... He is the only guy you won't know in these pics lol... That expedition was a custom body kit that he made for the show "car wars" with Funk Flex which he won!

Attachments

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
If you guys are interested my st will be the guinea pig to a sharp looking kit of some sort!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Obviously very talented.

If he will design something that has a bit of kick to it yet retain the original cues that make the car fun to look at and functions aerodynamically very well it could make the style and the performance oriented owners happy enough to want to own one, possibly a bigger market than just style oriented enthusiasts like most body kits are marketed to.

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I agree on the Red Bull GRC style but tweak it down a bit to be more viable for finding wheels, suspension, etc that are more street/track oriented, perhaps an easy to swap smaller and larger spliter, two wings, one more aggressive than the other but both real wings, functional under tray but also still street friendly.

Added:

One thing I really like on the GRC cars is the back of the fenders are open with mud flaps over them as easily they can serve several purposes.

Flaps off, road racing, autocross, or even a quick canyon run, it allows a lot of air to escape from the area as well as some from under the car.

Flaps on, winter driving, rally cross, even street if you just like the style but still functional.

Another vote for M-Sport/R5 style, made as light and as functional as possible. Integrating an aerodynamic flat skid plate and rear diffuser along with an aggressive rear wing would be awesome as well. Throw in a matching vented hood and you have a winner.