Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ouachita Mountains Road Trip

DaveG99

Ouachita Mountains Road Trip- Pics and video

Day one is complete. Drove from Dallas Texas to Talihena Oklahoma. Went across the talimena scenic highway to Mena Arkansas and then headed over to Hot Springs Arkansas.

Here are 2 teaser pics. I have many and more to come tomorrow. Plus some video might get uploaded too. These roads are fun.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #3
This is the start of the scenic byway on the Oklahoma side near Talihena. When you see this and turn here you are in for 50 miles of FUN!

This is a common sign you see. It also means you are going to have some fun. Never met a car enthusiast who wouldn't like to see this sign. Especially a fiesta ST owner.

Here are a couple views of the car.

Notice the spray paint on the ground. Ride or Die. Whats amazing about this picture is I didnt even notice the ride or die on the ground until later that night when I was looking through my pictures. Came out perfect.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #4
There are dwarf oak trees at the top of the mountains there. Normally these trees are 100ft tall. Its due to the constant wind pushing on them. The tops of the mountains are like a desert due to the water evaporating so fast from the constant wind.

Had the girl friend stand next to the car for a pic.

Just look at these roads!

Found a train along the road that we were able to climb up in.

Also found an artillery from WWII. I think its an M12.

Look at these twisties!

I absolutely love my car. I've never had a car that is so much fun to drive. It might not be the fastest in a straight line but it sure holds its own in the mountains.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #5
Here is a video my GF took. Its pretty hard to film with a cell phone while Im zooming around in the car. I need to get a gopro with a mount next time I go out there. Also the video looks a lot slower than it really is.
[video=youtube;myHu6p8Q42w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHu6p8Q42w[/video]

We stayed the night in Hot Springs. Its about an hour and 30 minutes East of Mena Arkansas (End of the talimena scenic byway). The roads to Hot Springs are pretty fun as well. Hot springs has lots of stuff to do. We hit a couple bars. The Ohio club is pretty cool and has lots of history behind it. Al Capone used to frequent that bar along with many other gangsters in the prohibition days. My favorite bar is Maxine's. Maxine's is named after a madam that ran a brothel. The building the bar is in used to be a brothel and a bar. We also took a bath in the hot springs at the quapaw bath house. That water is way too effing hot! My GF loves the hot water though. I really want to do this trip againsoon. I think next time Im going to get my friend with his WRX to go as well.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #6
Another video.

[video]https://youtu.be/aClT_YCGVxw[/video]