Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock 0-60 times

XuperXero

So my engine's broken in, went for a cruise, grabbed my Gtech Pro and... results below:

Faster than factory claimed 6.9 seconds. Car is all stock with except of catch can, no other mods affecting performance, all mods are listed in sig. (unless antenna decrease aerodynamic drag by 100000%[confuse])

Oh not to mention, euro models are about 250lb(115lbs) lighter than USDM models. My registration says 1188kg (2620lbs) + me (less than 145lbs) = 2765 lbs

Not bad, certainly an overachiever. No heatsoak after 5 runs and no brake fade (had to brake hard a few times for speed camera).

Update:

Installed Mountune Short Shifter. I shift so fast now that it knocked 0.23 seconds off my time!! Done at 27 degrees Celsius (2 degrees above ambient). New results!

So my engine's broken in, went for a cruise, grabbed my Gtech Pro and... results below:

Faster than factory claimed 6.9 seconds. Car is all stock with except of catch can, no other mods affecting performance, all mods are listed in sig. (unless antenna decrease aerodynamic drag by 100000%[confuse])

Oh not to mention, euro models are about 250lb(115lbs) lighter than USDM models. My registration says 1188kg (2620lbs) + me (less than 145lbs) = 2765 lbs

Not bad, certainly an overachiever. No heatsoak after 5 runs and no brake fade (had to brake hard a few times for speed camera).
Very nice, I knew it was quicker than what they claim.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
This Is NOT my time I just reposted the Pic for XXero He did the time .. sorry for the confusion I was in a hurry when I did it..

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #11
Thanks to Rodmoe for helping with the image, didn't embed properly first time. First post updated. And thanks for the compliments guys.

I think I can knock it down to 6.6 if I can control the wheelspin more, will be looking around for those rougher surface pavement for more traction (usually concrete instead of asphalt). 1st gear is virtually useless on asphalt. I'm aiming for sub-6 seconds once I get some upgrades going since someone claimed 6.1 seconds after a flash.

BTW Rodmoe, don't you have a AP? FYI to all guys with Cobb AP, there's a built in 0-60 timer function. Feel free to try it out and let me know your times. I tried 1/4 mile, but it's hard to do on public streets with all the speed cameras here. Will post up once I get the chance.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yes I have a AP and someday when the snow and gravel is gone I might get my stickey tires on and go play :) I cant get traction till mid 3rd gear with my Blizzaks LOL

I was playing around with my AP 0-60 app on the way home from work on 93 tune. I gotta practice my launching more,I was getting a lot of wheelspin and if not carfeful banging the engine into 2nd shift made me feel uncomfortable..but not even really trying hard I was doing 7.1 runs. One day when it gets warmers out I'm def going to a restricted area and try my best. I'm hoping with the tune and intake I can reach 6.5...

-ry

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #14
I was playing around with my AP 0-60 app on the way home from work on 93 tune. I gotta practice my launching more,I was getting a lot of wheelspin and if not carfeful banging the engine into 2nd shift made me feel uncomfortable..but not even really trying hard I was doing 7.1 runs. One day when it gets warmers out I'm def going to a restricted area and try my best. I'm hoping with the tune and intake I can reach 6.5...

-ry
I actually didn't notice any bang, even though many people reported this issue. Just don't flat foot shift it.
If you're on tune, you should be able to get closer to low 6's. I think I can get 6.5 stock if I get better traction.

Edit: It just came to my mind that USDM are heavier than mine... Not sure if you guys can hit sub 6.5's [dunno]

-ry
I noticed this too and I didn't like the way it sounded at all. If we're both noticing this then it's gotta be the car. I think you can get in the low 6's with the work you have done. I know how much an intake adds plus you have a tune.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I noticed this too and I didn't like the way it sounded at all. If we're both noticing this then it's gotta be the car. I think you can get in the low 6's with the work you have done. I know how much an intake adds plus you have a tune.
Its the RMM. Its a compromise Ford made for NVH.
Cobb should have theirs out soon, and should fix the problem.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #20
OP you weigh sub 145lbs?!?! Drink more beer and eat more cheeseburgers!
LOL!

Unfortunately that doesn't work on me. I'm a junk food lover and beer is in my daily routine. But... asian metabolism [mad]