Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

android radio

City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
I guess I don't get it... reverse cameras are fun and all but out of all the cars I've driven with them, I still think they are a novelty. Most useful when trying to back right up to something without hitting. In the Fiesta I still just do the old fashioned thing and use the mirrors and look behind me. I guess they are nice for people who a spatially challenged? I don't know. Cars today seem to be like driving around using Windows with all of the accessibility features turned on at once, very annoying.
I agree. The Fiesta is such a small car.. a rearview camera just seems like a factory gimmick to raise the base price unjustifiably. Even if you REALLY can't see, not much a little mirror tuning won't do

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I do use it when backing into my garage, but that's about it. On the sedan the trunk lid is pretty high and it's hard to gauge the rear of the vehicle. The hatchback is cake though.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I find backing my HB is hard only in that I never park as close as it seems to me. I think...oh man I must be like right up against the back of that guy's car!...nope, 2 feet away.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost
Can't say for sure about US versions, but i have installed on mine and it works.
IMG_20190522_2121163.jpg

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I agree. The Fiesta is such a small car.. a rearview camera just seems like a factory gimmick to raise the base price unjustifiably. Even if you REALLY can't see, not much a little mirror tuning won't do
As of 2018, they're required. The ST didn't have them until it was mandated. To me, not having it is fine, and one less thing to go wrong in the long run.
This car is easy to see behind and back up unless you have some sort of disability. But, if having back up cameras saves a kitten's life or keeps you from crushing the bike your kid left in the driveway, they're worth it.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
wow, even the A/C controls in the touch panel
Truth be told. The air conditioneris only as a display. Touching the screen does nothing as the unit cannot control the air conditioning system but it does tell you the status of your air conditioner and updates as you make changes to it.

drw1972

City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
My factory radio died so I am trying to install one of the Android drop-ins in my 2013 Fiesta but it will not power on.
I have 12vdc at the B+ but never get any voltage at ACC pin on the plug. Does the plug have to be attached to get ACC (like a sense voltage) or should I be able to see it even when the plug is disconnected?

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
I don't know the android type that you have bought. Basically it should be plug and play which means that the factory connections should be connected directly to the sockets from the android unit. They should pair up correctly. It is next to impossible to insert them wrongly due to the different sizes and notches on the connectors. I have had experience where the android unit does for a pre-facelift that is not suitable for facelift models short out the fuse which made it impossible to power up the unit due to the broken fuse. If this was the case, then it means that the android unit is not suitable or at the very least the cabling from the andorid unit is not compatible with the car. If you have some pics I may be able to help you see where the problem is.

drw1972

City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
I don't know the android type that you have bought. Basically it should be plug and play which means that the factory connections should be connected directly to the sockets from the android unit. They should pair up correctly. It is next to impossible to insert them wrongly due to the different sizes and notches on the connectors. I have had experience where the android unit does for a pre-facelift that is not suitable for facelift models short out the fuse which made it impossible to power up the unit due to the broken fuse. If this was the case, then it means that the android unit is not suitable or at the very least the cabling from the andorid unit is not compatible with the car. If you have some pics I may be able to help you see where the problem is.
I checked the fuse and it is good. I have 12vdc at pin 8 to 4 as per the picture on the radio.

Attachments

Last edited:

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
I can't see the connections to your car, but at first guess, i think it has to do with the display unit. There should be at least 1 or 2 connectors going to the display unit. You might want to check on that. The other possibility is that you might need to change the connector unit to the display. For example, take a look at the connectors that came with the android, there might be another one that will fit the display unit, so if the current one doesn't work unplug and try to use the other but exact same one to the display unit. This is due to the way the seller works, they have options for facelift and pre-facelift based on the connector.

drw1972

City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
I can't see the connections to your car, but at first guess, i think it has to do with the display unit. There should be at least 1 or 2 connectors going to the display unit. You might want to check on that. The other possibility is that you might need to change the connector unit to the display. For example, take a look at the connectors that came with the android, there might be another one that will fit the display unit, so if the current one doesn't work unplug and try to use the other but exact same one to the display unit. This is due to the way the seller works, they have options for facelift and pre-facelift based on the connector.
Here are some more pics....(left and right DIN refers to the original radio)

Attachments

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
I wonder if you actually have the canbus because on image 221935 there is a connector the white one next to the word ORIG that is not connected to anywhere. My guess is that it should be connected to a canbus. If you don't mind i also would like to see a photo of the display unit. Canbus boxes should be something like the images below

Attachments

Last edited:

drw1972

City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
One item of note....before I started the replacement, my radio would not turn on and the original screen would only display the Ford logo....no radio, no volume, no response at all.
I wonder if you actually have the canbus because on image 221935 there is a connector the white one next to the word ORIG that is not connected to anywhere. My guess is that it should be connected to a canbus. If you don't mind i also would like to see a photo of the display unit.
Yes, it came with a CANBUS module...wasn't sure where it goes because it was listed as 'optional'

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
Well i think that is the problem. You must connect the canbus in order for the unit to start communicating with the car. Hope it works!! Good luck!!

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
Yes connect that to the white connector that is on image 221935 . hopefully all good once connected.

drw1972

City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
Yes connect that to the white connector that is on image 221935 . hopefully all good once connected.
Unfortunately, that did not fix it.

There are two plugs (img 221935 from old DIN & img 222000 from old screen connector) and two sockets on the module...each keyed and different sized. I tried it with each one connected and with both connected....still did not work.

lilbleh

City
Jakarta
State
Non-US
Country
Indonesia
What I Drive
Based on the canbus image i think that there are 2 connectors. I am not sure about your system, but both connectors must be connected to your unit. So if you have done that and it is still not working then the best thing is to complain to the seller.