Welcome to the #1 ST Forum and ST community dedicated to ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the ST Forum today!

2005 ford focus stalling

beagler86

City
francesville
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus
I have 2005 ford focus that stalls after about 15-20 miles of driving and then anti theft light starts blinking also. the car starts right back up and then I try to put it in gear and it dies. I can milk it home and let it sit for a while and it will run great again then go drive it around for another 20 miles and does same thing.and will sit and idle for days with no problem its not throwing any codes for me to look at either.

Last edited:
OP
B

beagler86

City
francesville
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus
Thread Starter #3
never thought of that and took your advice took the gas cap off and ran the car for 35 miles and ran perfect. so iam guessing fuel regulator or something else?

OP
B

beagler86

City
francesville
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus
Thread Starter #4
took your advice and went out and took the gas cap off and drove the car about 35 miles with no issues this time so iam thinking gas regulator or ??

City
Echt / Susteren
State
Non-US
Country
Netherlands
What I Drive
2009 1.8 Focus Station Wagon LE
Then you should clean the gas tank cap. There should be a tiny hole in it to let air in the tank, probably that hole is clogged.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Tank pressure should be controlled by the EVAP system... vented gas caps are ancient history.