Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM Turbo Kit Installation Notes & Guide

Trader history for koozy (1)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have but one suggestion:

Remove the battery and battery tray.

It opens up a ton of work space and only takes a few minutes to do.

Also, this was amazing.

I know you said that you did this for mostly your own reference purposes, but thanks for taking the time and posting it here. Great reference piece, may be "sticky" worthy. [like]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
DHM Turbo Kit Installation Notes & Guide

Hijinx here with some pro-tips...

I pulled and installed my GTX450r (GTX2867r) kit yesterday... Part fun, part maintenance... Getting things unstuck, making sure lines are out of the way, nothing rubbing, inspecting, etc, etc... I have the Pierce 6pt brace and I removed it as well...

Anyway, as a suggestion to make things a little easier on the install:

Remove the intermediate/pax side axle. This requires a 32mm deep socket. You'll need another body to step on the brake, and you can use a breaker bar, or an impact wrench (GET ONE, OMG ITS LIFE).

Remove the axle retainer bracket. Two 13mm nuts.

At this point you can either remove the A-arm stud retainer and press down freeing the hub, or remove the two strut bolts (both options 15mm bolt & 18mm nut) freeing the hub.

Now, for the love of axles everywhere, use a piece of wood, or a heavy RUBBER mallet. I HEAVILY suggest the mallet. Angle the hub down or up and start to whacking. You may need some penetrant to get it out, so don't be alarmed. Be patient, you don't want to fuck this up.

This is the point where I suggest having a oil pan under the transmission... My car likes to vomit it's transmission oil when I pull out the axle. Yours might not. Seems to be hit or miss for some odd reason.

Once the hub end of the axle is free, just pull that bad boy straight out.

Anyway, it's really easy to get out, honestly. Shouldn't take more than 45 min on your first try. But trust me, this will open up so much room for activities.

Next, install the turbo to the manifold, leaving the v-band just loose enough to rotate.

Get under the car, lift up your turbo and manifold and slide her right on to those studs.

It's sounds like a lot, but compared to playing games with figuring out how the v-band will go on or having someone under the car holding it up and you keeping fucking up because someone moves wrong, etc etc... It's really much simpler to pull the axle.

Another pro-tip: manifold/turbo v-bands should point diagonally at the firewall, toward the driver.

Edit-sorry, I'm really bad about pictures.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

AZST

Apologies for bumping a relatively old thread, but a couple questions pertaining to this install.
Are the vacuum block/hoses the only thing required that don't come with the kit itself? What specific vacuum block(s) do people prefer and are using?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club

If I'm looking at this picture right, will oil drain right onto the blow off valve when performing oil changes? Looks awfully close to the drain plug.

V_2

If I'm looking at this picture right, will oil drain right onto the blow off valve when performing oil changes? Looks awfully close to the drain plug.
It looks pretty close in that picture, but there is plenty of room to remove the oil drain plug without the BOV interfering, it actually sits more to the passenger side than it looks from this angle. The oil will drain without hitting the BOV.

Apologies for bumping a relatively old thread, but a couple questions pertaining to this install.
Are the vacuum block/hoses the only thing required that don't come with the kit itself? What specific vacuum block(s) do people prefer and are using?
The kit comes with all the vacuum lines you need for the complete install and an ATP vacuum block. No need to source any other parts.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
The block and hose weren't in my kit, but I think they are now being provided by DHM with their kits.

For the vacuum block I had both and I prefer Turbosmart, which provides 2 ports and allows the plastic engine cover to be put back on a bit better than the ATP block.

The block and hose weren't in my kit, but I think they are now being provided by DHM with their kits.

For the vacuum block I had both and I prefer Turbosmart, which provides 2 ports and allows the plastic engine cover to be put back on a bit better than the ATP block.
Do you have a pic of the TurboSmart block? I've only seen the ATP version.

Thanks!

I kind of wish I had known about this one before I bought the ATP version. Oh well, I got it used so I'm not out a lot and I can still do the TurboSmart version later.

Man just searching for tips for my upcoming install and stumbled across this. Stupid photobucket blocking images -_-